Reading Members PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Members PM

I am an Adminstrator on my Forum, and problems have come up on my forums that can be solved by the Adminstrators reading the Private Messages of a member. Any idea on how to do that?

Also, can deleted Private Messages be restored

I think that infinges on the privacy of your members, and so I don't think it is possible in vBulletin. Althought I believe you can do this some how in your database I wouldn't be for sure though..

Got a Boxer?
    BoxerTalk

Comment

Direct SQL queries can do that for you. I had to do it once when a member was cyber-stalking another member.

Comment

There is a hack available at vbulletin.org which does that (pm reading)
        That's the end of that!

Comment

yeah never really understood why members pm's need reading a bit too big brother for me,and as mentioned has to infringe some kind of privacy law,just think how many members may not post should it be known their pm's are not not really private messages,so maybe the p should stand for public.

Comment

If there are privacy issues is up to the admin and his forum and members and his TOS.

No, it is not possible without a custom sql query or a source code modification. The latter can be found on vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X