X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin passcode for my board

i have seemed to forget and misplace my admin passcode for my board
    does anyone know how to reset it?

Go ahead and click the admin 'login' without your password. The next screen has a link for forgotten passwords.
    Harold Kost

Comment

dont see any link on my forum that says admin

am i suppose to access it on my board or through another link?

Comment

If you are an admin you should have an admin link in the footer. Otherwise link to yourdomain/forum/admincp/index.php if you used the usual directory names.
        Harold Kost

Comment

i dont understand what you asking me to do

how do i get to the admin log in?

thanks?

Comment

What is the URL to your board? Take that and substitute the information I gave you above. Post the URL to your main board and someone will help you with the link as I have to leave now.
            Harold Kost

Comment

If you have forgotten your password, you can ask the board software to email it to you.

Comment

ok thats the link to get to the admin log...thanks http://www.nyclubscene.com/forum/admincp/index.php

but i still dont see a link to retrieve my admin login and user name

Comment

how do i ask the board software to mail it to me...dont forget this is a admin passcode not a regular one

Comment

You mean a password to a specific FORUM as opposed to your USER password?

Comment

no
                      im trying just to get my admin password and username to access admin area of my board...i lost it !

Comment

Upload tools.php (included in the do_not_upload folder)

MySQL Reset admin access for a user
                        Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

Freezerator is correct. I wasn't aware that you could have a different ADMIN CP password. I thought your user password also applied to your Admin CP (someone correct me if I'm wrong here, or let me know how to use this feature).

TIA.

Comment

i do not know what all this means: Upload tools.php (included in the do_not_upload folder)

MySQL Reset admin access for a user
                            please in english....im new to this lol thanks gina

Comment

Originally posted by NYclubscene.com
                              how do i ask the board software to mail it to me...dont forget this is a admin passcode not a regular one
                              Most board owners use the same user name and password to access the board and to access the administrative control panel. If you used a different name for administrator, go to the control panel using the link you have above. I just tested it and it takes you to the admin login page. Then enter your regular username and password. If that is not right, it takes you to a page that explains you have used the wrong info. In that paragraph is a link called 'here'. Click that and follow the prompts.

Are you possibly talking about the 'Member' area?
                              Harold Kost

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X