Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the bug in PHP been fixed yet to allow Archiving on Windows Servers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has the bug in PHP been fixed yet to allow Archiving on Windows Servers?

    Older threads indicated that the reason vB's Archive function doesn't work on Windows servers is because of a bug in PHP.

    However, in the interim - several releases have come out - including PHP 5.0.


    Do any of them allow the Archive feature to work as it should?
    echo $ocean_signature;

    ;)

  • #2
    There was no problem with windows servers AFAIK as long as they were not running CGI, but the bug in cgi has been fixed, the same resolution for apache2 which is an htaccess with AllowPathInfo to be set to on is the fix IIRC.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zachery

      There was no problem with windows servers AFAIK as long as they were not running CGI, but the bug in cgi has been fixed, the same resolution for apache2 which is an htaccess with AllowPathInfo to be set to on is the fix IIRC.

      So, am I to understand that the Archive feature is able to function now - for a Windows Server?

      If so, what do I have to do to enable it? (htaccess is a *nix* function)

      echo $ocean_signature;

      ;)

      Comment


      • #4
        Your running on IIS with CGI? why not run on the modual/filter instead? it should be faster.

        But in php.ini you need to add the setting AccecptPathInfo On

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Zachery

          Your running on IIS with CGI? why not run on the modual/filter instead? it should be faster.

          But in php.ini you need to add the setting AccecptPathInfo On

          I'm running Windows Server 2003 (IIS). PHP is actually running as ISAPI.

          That being the case, what do I have to do to enable the Archive function? (I thought AcceptPathInfo was an Apache config option - not PHP.ini...)


          Last edited by Ocean; Sun 25 Jul '04, 6:00pm.
          echo $ocean_signature;

          ;)

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not sure about the ISAPI filter but I know it was fixed for CGI. I'll install IIS soon and test.
            Scott MacVicar

            My Blog | Twitter

            Comment


            • #7
              Er, my mistake Ocean, the californian Sun is frying my brain!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

                I'm not sure about the ISAPI filter but I know it was fixed for CGI. I'll install IIS soon and test.

                I appreciate that, Scott. And I will patiently be waiting to see what you come up with.


                However, if PHP running through ISAPI is supposed to work, is there an additional step I need to take in order to enable the Archive feature?

                At the moment, if I click on the Archive link, I'm just returned to the main page.
                echo $ocean_signature;

                ;)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zachery

                  Er, my mistake Ocean, the californian Sun is frying my brain!

                  No problem.
                  echo $ocean_signature;

                  ;)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Archive has run since the beta versions without problems on my windows with apache and php and mysql installed. PHP isn't a cgi module on my system.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floris

                      Archive has run since the beta versions without problems on my windows with apache and php and mysql installed. PHP isn't a cgi module on my system.

                      The question is, can it run with IIS.
                      echo $ocean_signature;

                      ;)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Scott said he would look into it, i can't till i get home, so looks like we wait for scott

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Zachery

                          Scott said he would look into it, i can't till i get home, so looks like we wait for scott

                          Sounds good to me. Waiting for Scott it is.
                          echo $ocean_signature;

                          ;)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

                            I'm not sure about the ISAPI filter but I know it was fixed for CGI. I'll install IIS soon and test.

                            Hi, Scott!

                            As it's been about a week and a half, I just thought I'd ask you if you had a chance to look at this yet.
                            echo $ocean_signature;

                            ;)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah i am wondering also if archiving works in Windows!
                              Done with vB3 and Internet Brands...Moved on to xenForo. PM me if u want to buy my VB License

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X