Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    The domain isn't going to be a problem, just redirect it to your new forums.

But first you have to merge them using ImpEx.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Point to what domain? Domains are not involved. You run the import script from within the Admin CP of the vB you are importing to.

Leave a comment:

• TalkingWorld
    replied
    Once I complete the import, would I simply point the domain of the forum which I merged with the main forum to the new forum or would another type of dns modification be required ?

I am assuming that the dbs need to be on the same server but can be separate accounts, right ?

Thanks once again.

Regards,

TW

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Sorry, I don't understand the question. However to do these imports, all databases need to be on the same server.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I don't understand the question. However to do these imports, all databases need to be on the same server.

Leave a comment:

• TalkingWorld
    replied
    Hello,

All VBs are 3.x.x. and IPBs are 1.3.x . I would like to keep one VB forum and import the other one on top of that keeping all the members, threads, posts etc. What would I do with the imported forum then ? Simply forward the domain to the main forum ?

Best Regards,

TW

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Depending on which version you are talking about, you would use the Impex import scripts to import each borad one at a time.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412

Leave a comment:

• TalkingWorld
    started a topic Merging Separate VB Forums & Non-VB Forums Together

Merging Separate VB Forums & Non-VB Forums Together

Hello,

We have two separate VB forums on two different domains. How do we go about merging/combining them into one forum/database keeping all the members, threads, posts etc. ?

Also we have two IPB forums that we would like to merge with another VB forum ? How can we accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

TW
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X