Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging Separate VB Forums & Non-VB Forums Together

Hello,

We have two separate VB forums on two different domains. How do we go about merging/combining them into one forum/database keeping all the members, threads, posts etc. ?

Also we have two IPB forums that we would like to merge with another VB forum ? How can we accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

TW

Depending on which version you are talking about, you would use the Impex import scripts to import each borad one at a time.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello,

All VBs are 3.x.x. and IPBs are 1.3.x . I would like to keep one VB forum and import the other one on top of that keeping all the members, threads, posts etc. What would I do with the imported forum then ? Simply forward the domain to the main forum ?

Best Regards,

TW

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand the question. However to do these imports, all databases need to be on the same server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Once I complete the import, would I simply point the domain of the forum which I merged with the main forum to the new forum or would another type of dns modification be required ?

I am assuming that the dbs need to be on the same server but can be separate accounts, right ?

Thanks once again.

Regards,

TW

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Sorry, I don't understand the question. However to do these imports, all databases need to be on the same server.

Comment

Point to what domain? Domains are not involved. You run the import script from within the Admin CP of the vB you are importing to.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The domain isn't going to be a problem, just redirect it to your new forums.

But first you have to merge them using ImpEx.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X