Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my members has an issue about the way the new posts are handled. It might be easier if I just quote him.

"I know we are all in different time zones so to make it easier - How come the new posts reset/retire at about 18 minutes (10:30 Central US Time) ago? What I mean is that you can be browsing the pages and see a bunch of new posts, some I posted myself 30 or so minutes ago, and 10:30am Central US time comes around, and poof no New Posts to view. Then as people post after this time, the new posts acrue again.

Is there any way we can set the posts to expire 24 hours from when they were posted in the first place? Not a time in the day that new posts expire. Just thought this was a little annoying in that the new posts although new, were not considered new anymore."

Is this a user error or something that I can fix?

He is talking about the session time-out I believe.

After about 15 min, of total inacitivy, a users session will be removed and all posts will be marked read.

The simple way to give you users a way to search for posts that happened during the day would be to change or add a link to

search.php?do=getnew to getdaily

Getdaily will retrieve all posts within the last 24 hours They will still be marked read, but they will appear in the search.

In the navbar template find

HTML Code:
    <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td></tr>
    and replace it with

HTML Code:
    <tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">Today's Posts</a></td></tr>

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for this it worked a treat on our forum as a few people were complaining about the same thing.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X