X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersix
    replied
    Vcard ?

Forgive the dumb question but what exactly does vCard do?
    Is it a good idea to have it or disable?
    THanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can use the Help Find and Replace in Templates (be careful!) in the Search in Templates function.

Leave a comment:

• silkroad
    replied
    Dear Steve,

I changed "showvcard" to 'showvcardx" in all memberinfo templates. This required template mods to each individual style template. Now, the user cannot see the option to download vcards.

Is there a way to do this that effects all vB3 templates in one command? Or, as I suspect, I must modify each template individually?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• silkroad
    replied
    Thanks Steve,

Please ask Jelsoft to consider making this an option to turn on and off in the AdminCP in a future release of vB.

Warmest Regards, Neo

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You would need to manually remove this option from the appropriate templates.

Leave a comment:

• silkroad
    replied
    Steve,

How do we insure that users cannot turn on vCard and permanently disable this? On our boards, we consider this a security breach, as all communcations are through the boards. Also, downloading email addresses leads to other problems.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To set the defaults for new users:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number (not username).

Leave a comment:

• Ashkarita
    started a topic Download vCard

Download vCard

Howdy I just noticed this option and I'd like to know where to disable it for all users since I think it would strain my server/bandwidth (does it?)

Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X