Replacing stanard header image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing stanard header image

I'd like to replace the standard header image. However simply replacing the URL in the style options doesn't do it because I have the width set at a different percentage. I would like the image to be centered directly above the nav bar with no space in between. Currently (picture attached), I had to modify the "Header" template and the "FORUMHOME" template though I'm sure there's an easier way to do this. In the picture attached below, the big white blob at the top is an image on my test forum. The image itself is 990x125 but I would like it to automatically conform to the width of the forum so that it's not distorted when someone views it using a different resolution. Thanks!
    Attached Files

The trick is to remove $spacer_open from the header and put it after your custom header in the navbar before the navbar links & breadcrumbs.

Comment

I tried that and now the problem is it messes up the width and puts it back to 100%. Anyway to fix this?

Comment

If I remember correctly it will have something like
        <div align="center">
        <table ... width="$stylevar[width]" ...>

change that from 100% or $stylevar to the fixed witdh you want, that fixed my navbar bug in a custom style i made.

Comment

Thanks, that made the width go back to normal and it removed the space. Now, however, the image does not line up with the rest of the forums. Is there a way to fix this? I've attached an image below. As you can see from the image, it's moved to the left somehow yet with the way I had it before it was correct, just had a space in between that and the forums.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like cellpadding or cellspacing is kicking in.

Comment

Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Working...
              X