X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new Install

Downloaded the files.

Setup the mysql database.

Configured the config.php file properly.

Goto the install url, and get nothing but a blank page. Looking at the source, it serves up <p></p>.

No errors in log files anywhere, mysql or the php_error.log I configured.

Access log shows serving up the page.

Been beating my head against a wall all afternoon, with no luck.

Recent Redhat/Apache install, serves html just fine. Other site on the same box using Movable Type isn't complaining, so I'm confident mysql is working.

Help

Either, there is no XML support or config.php has not been properly setup.

If you can provilde a link to a file with just these contains in it it would we can see if your server has xml support

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>

Comment

if you put this in a file and call it phpinfo.php, upload it, and browse to it.... what happens? It should show all your php info

PHP Code:
       <?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL

phpinfo();

?>
      Last edited by raxafarian; Thu 22 Jul '04, 3:46pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Either, there is no XML support or config.php has not been properly setup.

If you can provilde a link to a file with just these contains in it it would we can see if your server has xml support

PHP Code:
        <?php
        phpinfo
        ();
        ?>
        you guys are too quick

Comment

http://www.pigskinjunkie.com/boards/...es/phpinfo.php

XML should be fine being that another site on this box is serving it up without complaint.

Guessing your gonna wanna see the config.php file now?

Comment

Well it seems that you do have proper xml support Jay.

Try reuploading the original files again from the zip, minus the images. All the files (minus the images) need to be uploaded in ASCII mode.

Double check your config settings, make sure that there is no white space before <?php or after ?>

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Well it seems that you do have proper xml support Jay.

Try reuploading the original files again from the zip, minus the images. All the files (minus the images) need to be uploaded in ASCII mode.

Double check your config settings, make sure that there is no white space before <?php or after ?>
              I uploaded them via the command line using scp, which I believe would have delivered them in the proper state, would they not?

Comment

SCP?

I know that if you did this via a windows command line, you need to manualy change the transfer type for ever upload (if you need to swich back and forth).

Comment

from a unix shell on my mac

Do you want to see the config.php file? If so, send me an email.

Comment

Working...
                  X