X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on 3.03 Upgrade.. now site is SLOW

Hey guys,

Hope you can help...

I have run into some strange issues and cannot figure out for the life of me what is going on.

During update13.php when adding the table cell to attachements (attachment size?) it timed out. So I went back to do the step again and got error. So I removed the column via phpmyadmin then reran step 2 again and got error again. So I added the column manually via Phpmyadmin.

Then ran step3 and it seemed to continue on with no problems.

Everything seemed fine but now I am getting EXTREME latency with the system. No server loads on the webserver or the database server so that is not the issue. I contacted our NOC to see why the latency and it looks to be all INBOUND packets to the server. If I shut down HTTP everything clears up. I have investigated options of any type of DoS but not sure that is it or not as a flood would continue whether or not 80 was open or not. I have checked error logs and access logs and see no certain IP requested the same file over and over. It is not outbound traffic but inbound.

Just curious if the error mentioned prior could somehow have created an issue.

Any info would be appreciated and if support $ is required that is fine as well.

We have a LARGE VB site and need to find a fix to the current problem.

Thanks!
    Mike Raburn
    StangNet.com

Are you sure you added the column correctly? If this was the filesize column, did you create an index for it?
    Attached Files
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the attachment. All indexes look to be there and intact.

We store our attachments in the DB... we have over 12000 at this point , would it be better to get these out of the DB?

On your pic it shows filedata as text and ours as medium blob and I assume that is from us storing the images in a DB.

THings look to be alot stabler, I shutdown MySQL and ran MyISAchk last night and some other tweaks. Who knows what it was at this point.

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

The pic I posted is with attachments being stored in the database. I have no idea why you changed filedata to medium blob. It's possible that could be the cause of this problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

I have never touched that database before via query, phpadmin, etc... it would be that way from whenever. I have had this DB running since LONG time ago and at what point it was that I do not know.

Would not binary data need to be stored as Blob and not text?

What step should be done do you know to get that corrected?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X