is it possible to change the phrase "thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to change the phrase "thread"

I use vbulletin as more of a selling/listing service. is it possible to make everywhere it says "thread", say "listing" instead? i know i'll have to create new buttons like the "new thread" button, but can i do this? and are there any drawbacks?

Search in the Phrases for the word Thread and change them.

Admin CP > Language & Phrases > Search in Phrases

Comment

i did this b4 i posted, it made no difference

Comment

That's strange. I find a lot of phrases when searching for 'thread'. Please explain exactly what you are doing.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i only changed the phrase "thread". I guess i'd have to change about a thousand or so phrases to change it completeley right? not really worth my time

Comment

Yes, you'll need to change this in every instance you want the replacement to show.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Couldn't a replacement variable be used for this?

Although it might screw up URLs such as showthread.php I suppose.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X