Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not authorized to run sql queries

i'm the admin-how do i fix this?

Put your userid (which is your usernumber not username) into the varible $canrunquerys in config.php

Comment

This query may modify data in your database. If this change is done in error, it is possible that you will not be able to recover from this change. Are you sure you wish to continue?

i just had a question...why would running a query-which is basically just asking the database a question, right?-why would that potentionally modify data in the database? i was going to install a hack but im new to all this and that warning kinda made me scurred :/

Comment

When installing a hack, you're either adding something or modifying something in the database.

Comment

yes, i know this. i was not asking about hacks, tho, i was asking about sql queries.

Comment

Well, what is the query you're going to run and to answer your question, I do not belive that will harm the database to ask it a "question".

Comment

its the sql queries in some hacks that modifys the database. if you are installing a hack that tells you to run a query, that means you are going to be adding to or modifying the database in some way.

Comment

ALTER TABLE post ADD dice varchar(250) not null;

thats the query. and well-thats what im asking. i didnt think it would hurt anything to "ask a question" either, but when iw ent to run the query it gave me the above warning about possibly losing data. i want to know if its risky or not before i do it-i dont feel like ruining my board, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by turbidblue
                  its the sql queries in some hacks that modifys the database. if you are installing a hack that tells you to run a query, that means you are going to be adding to or modifying the database in some way.
                  but the actual running of the query doesnt modify anything, right? only when i actually add/edit the code and hit save?

thats what im trying to ask. im not stupid, i know modifying the database changes it. im trying to ask if the simple act of RUNNING one, before you edit, can damage the database.

Comment

That specific query will not harm you in anyway its adding another collum to the table.

Comment

finally a straight answer. thank you Zachary, i appreciate it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X