Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwd
    replied
    Thanks but I do not had telnet or SSH access.

I have managed to convert my ikonboard to sql, I will now try the import facility and see if that works.

cheers

lee

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    You can make a backup of your database and then restore the backup to another database. Telnet / SSH into your server and run this command to backup:

mysqldump -uUSERNAME -p DBNAME > backup.sql

Replace the UPPERCASE text with your information. Enter your MySQL password when promted. Then run this command to restore the backup to a new database:

mysql -uUSERNAME -p NEWDBNAME < backup.sql

Enter your MySQL password when promted.

Leave a comment:

• bwd
    started a topic moving the vb database to new database on same server

moving the vb database to new database on same server

Hi folkes.

I just installed the VB3, I created about 20 forums then found out that the member scripts that access the VB scripts giving access to the site members is trying to connect to the vbdatabase using the username and password for the members database.

The hosting provider will not allow me to give the admin for database 1 permission to access database 2.

so my problem is I need to create the VB database tables within database 1 (obviously using VB prefixes) so the admin can connect.

I was simply going to run the install again but I do not want to lose the 20 forums I just created so how do it?

Can I use the up/import script ?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X