confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused

i just installed a new forum and uploaded my users which i had on a seperate forum, and all the members transfered successfully. but on the frontpage, it says. Member: 1
    Welcome to our newest member: admin. i updated all the counters. and dont know what to do next?

Er uploaded how? you mean you took your useratable from database A and restored it over database B's?

Comment

well i backed up my database, so its in a text file, so i inserted all the user tables into the database, it worked with posts, and members, just its not saying we like, i think 80 members

Comment

You can't simply restore just the user table. You need to restore all the tables beginning with 'user'. Then you should update the counters.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i did though, i did all the counters starting with user. all the users were uploaded successfully. it just doesnt say at the bottom. it says the correct posts and threads, just not members

Comment

What data exactly did you backup and restore and how did you do this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

backed everything up, went in phpmyadmin, highlighted all the user tables in my txt backup, copy and paste it in the SQL place in phpmyadmin. so just inserted the tables, im gonna do it again, make sure i dont miss a user table

Comment

Are you sure you updated the counters in your admincp?
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

positive, i updated them like 3 times. worked for everything, and like i said, they did upload, it just doesnt say they did at the bottom

Comment

i know i just posted but i just want to ask my question straight forward.

Threads: 205, Posts: 1,698, Members: 1
                    Welcome to our newest member, admin

thats what is there, it recognizes the posts and threads, but not the members. ive done the counters and all the tables starting with user. is there a particular table that makes it show up there or something?

Comment

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X