X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem . . . can't make it past "install languages"

Hello,

New user here . . .

I have an Installation problem . . . can't make it past "install languages" in step 6 -- it just runs and runs and runs . . .

I've run vb_test.php and I pass everything except "magic_quotes_gpc", which I understand is ok.

I'm attempting to install to www.funkytele.com/whammybar

Help!

Thanks in advance,

jeff

Your server's PHP may not be compiled with XML support. This is required for vB3.

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, Steve . . . here you go

Hello,

The phpinfo.php file is at www.funkytele.com/whammybar

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeff

Comment

Hmmm...that should be okay. I suggested reuploadiong all the vB non-image files. Make sure you upload all of them, including the .xml files, in ASCII mode and that you overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alright, now we're getting somewhere . . .

Hey Steve,

Upgraded an old version of WSFTP to SmartFTP, uploaded my files again and I don't hang up indefinately in step 6 anymore.

I do get a "could not find phrase 'xml_error_x_at_line_y" message in that step, now . . . any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff
          Last edited by leofender; Tue 20 Jul '04, 10:49pm.

Comment

Uploaded all the XML files using ASCII . . .

Hello,

Well, I uploaded all the XML files using ASCII, and now I get the following error: Could not find phrase 'xml_error_x_at_line_y'

And then I get an email with this info:

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

INSERT INTO attachmenttype (extension, mimetype, size, width, height, enabled, display) VALUES ('gif', 'a:1:{i:0;s:23:\"Content-type: image/gif\";}', '20000', '620', '280', '1', '0'), ('jpeg', 'a:1:{i:0;s:24:\"Content-type: image/jpeg\";}', '20000', '620', '280', '1', '0'), ('jpg', 'a:1:{i:0;s:24:\"Content-type: image/jpeg\";}', '100000', '0', '0', '1', '0'), ('jpe', 'a:1:{i:0;s:24:\"Content-type: image/jpeg\";}', '20000', '620', '280', '1', '0'), ('txt', 'a:1:{i:0;s:24:\"Content-type: plain/text\";}', '20000', '0', '0', '1', '2'), ('png', 'a:1:{i:0;s:23:\"Content-type: image/png\";}', '20000', '620', '280', '1', '0'), ('doc', 'a:2:{i:0;s:20:\"Accept-ranges: bytes\";i:1;s:32:\"Content-type: application/msword\";}', '20000', '0', '0', '1', '0'), ('pdf', 'a:1:{i:0;s:29:\"Content-type: application/pdf\";}', '20000', '0', '0', '1', '0'), ('bmp', 'a:1:{i:0;s:26:\"Content-type: image/bitmap\";}', '20000', '620', '280', '1', '0'), ('psd', 'a:1:{i:0;s:29:\"Content-type: unknown/unknown\";}', '20000', '0', '0', '1', '0'), ('zip', 'a:1:{i:0;s:29:\"Content-type: application/zip\";}', '100000', '0', '0', '1', '0')

mysql error: Duplicate entry 'gif' for key 1

mysql error number: 1062

Date: Wednesday 21st of July 2004 06:08:56 AM

Script:
            Help!

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section in Languages & Phrases.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your persistant response on this.

I searched the site and saw that you had recommended that to others, so I did what you described this morning. I deleted my initial installation, and was careful to make sure that SmartFTP was configured so that .htm, .html, .xml, .css, .php and .js files transfered as ASCII files.

And I still have the same problem.

Wayne Luke is working on it now . . . hopefully he'll find a resolution.

~j

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X