X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john_rsd
    replied
    Originally posted by dknelson99
    My new forum was working fine. I went back and checked again...now I'm getting the following error. Can't log into admin...can't do anything....what now? URL is http://www.venturerider.org

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Originally posted by Zachery
    Im guessing tat its a MySQL Cant connect error, this is a semi comon error on shared hosts, youll need to contact them if this is the case.
    You will find shared hosts a bit reluctant to investigate random errors, you could do the same as I did and add the hosts support email address into the AdminCP so if any errors occur they get an email straight away as well so they can investigate during fault condition.

Some hosts will raise a support ticket for each error submitted, thats fine, its their problem so why not ! They do not like error emails any more than we do

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Im guessing tat its a MySQL Cant connect error, this is a semi comon error on shared hosts, youll need to contact them if this is the case.

Leave a comment:

• all-the-vb
    replied
    Originally posted by dknelson99
    My new forum was working fine. I went back and checked again...now I'm getting the following error. Can't log into admin...can't do anything....what now? URL is http://www.venturerider.org

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

go to
    view ==> source

and give my your mysql problem,
    for help you
    Last edited by all-the-vb; Tue 20 Jul '04, 9:05pm.

Leave a comment:

• dknelson99
    replied
    Too bad...I'm on a hosted server. I had been using Discusware for years and really like this VBulletin a LOT better but I'm having some problems that may force me back. Still can't get email notifications to work, images seem to upload okay but I'm nervous about it because attachment upload diagnostic still fails even though it seems to work...now this problem.

Don

Leave a comment:

• MGM
    replied
    It's a problem with MySQL, my forum has this problem too but it's a bit rarer now. Try upgrading MySQL? Other than that, I'm not sure of any other fix

MGM out

Leave a comment:

• dknelson99
    replied
    It's still happening. It works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. This time I hit refresh about 5 times and it finally worked again. Any ideas?

Don

Leave a comment:

• dknelson99
    replied
    Yea...I went back and tried again and it worked fine...then didn't work again...now works again. It's got me jumpy now.

Don

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Doesnt seem to be anything wrong?

Leave a comment:

• dknelson99
    started a topic Problem with database

Problem with database

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X