Sendmail not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sendmail not working

When I run the mail diagnostics, it fails and shows "none" for my mail servers. When I run PHP Diagnostics, it shows sendmail enabled. Any ideas? My site it http://www.venturerider.org

Don

You are on a Windows server so you would not be using sendmail. If you have access to the php.ini file, be sure it has the right smtp server address for win32. If you are hosted, check with your tech service folks.

Also, check the Server Configuration forum on this board.
    Harold Kost

Comment

P.S.: Your phpinfo file does show an SMTP server. Check with your host to see if that is the right one for you to use.
      Harold Kost

Comment

Thanks. I am on a hosted server. I know the name of my mail servers but I don't see anywhere in the Admin CP to insert that info.

Don

Comment

This needs to be done in the php.ini file by your host. If PHP is set up correctly then email should work.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, this explains why my sendmail won't work. Looks like it's time to find a new host. Can any of this be the reason why I'm getting file attachment upload errors. The attachements do upload but alway give an error. File upload diagnostics also fail.

PHP Disabled Functions (Windows):
            fopen, fwrite, fread, fpassthru, file, mail, exec, system, passthru, popen, crack_check, crack_closedict, crack_getlastmessage, crack_opendict, fsockopen, psockopen, opendir, readdir, closedir, phpinfo.

Comment

Well any host that disables PHP's mail function is one to be avoided. Would you mind sharing the name of this host as a warning to others?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, I don't mind. It's hosted at godaddy.com

How about the attachment problems...do you see anything in the disabled stuff that is causing them?

Don

Comment

Not offhand but it wouldn't surpirse me since they have disabled something as basic as mail.

By the way, I really don't think godadday.com qualifies as a professional hosting service.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Godaddy is aimed at providing basic html websites, for what you pay for your hosting at godaddy you could get a regular hosting account at almost any good host.

Comment

Thank you all for your help. I'm getting ready to move my forum to a new host. Site5 is the one I'm going to try. I've backed up my database, to my compute of course, and hopefully will be able to restore it. I've never used SSH but have searched these forums and found some great tutorials on how to do it. Hopefully it will all go well. It's new board so if I lose everything and have to start from scratch, it won't be the end of the world.

Don

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X