Admin Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Tools

Some mods on my forum can't see the Admin Tools drop down box within a thread. I have their manage thread option turned on. All the mods were defined in vb 2.2.9 and the baord is upgraded to 3.0.3 for about 2 weeks. Additionally one person say that he can't post because he haven't got the activation email, I have speciflied it to be able to post without activation and his usergroup is "Registered", a normal poster's account. All other new members were be able to post right after the registration under 3.0.3.

There is no Admin Option box on vB3. You need to use the Thread Tools at the top of the thread.

As for this user, is he in any other user groups. You could try logging in as him to see if you can duplicate this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Not Admin Option, Admin Tools! The drop down box where Moderators may close, delete, merge, etc within a thread!

Comment

As Steve says .. use the ' Thread Tools ' at the top of each thread, this gives all the task options that you have mentioned.

Comment

That just gives me showthread.php?p=43415#goto_threadtools...

And I as an Admin did see the Admin Tools drop down menu at the bottom of every showthread page, I also have created a Moderator and log in as that Moderator, it is the same, Admin Tools at the bottom of every thread. (showthread.php)

Comment

Do you have your moderator permissions setup so they are allowed to edit, close, move, etc?

Comment

There is no Admin Tools drop-down menu at the bottom of the default vB3 showthread pages.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This is how it looks as moderator on this web site.
                Attached Files

Comment

Those menu doesn't pop up in Mozilla/FireFox, and an Admin Tools drop down menu does appear on my forum just above forum jump, I am using the default vb3 template, the only thing I have 'changed' is the colors and some graphics.

The Admin Tools drop down box also appears in IE6. Haven't tried the Thread Tools in IE6 yet.

Comment

The admin tools dropdown above forumjump was in version 2 of vBulletin.

Comment

Please post a screenshot and provide the URL to your forums. I have never seen this Admin Tool drop-down box you are talking about.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Please post a screenshot and provide the URL to your forums. I have never seen this Admin Tool drop-down box you are talking about.
                        You can try it by yourself:

Admin Control Panel -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus? -> No

(normally you only will see this if your browser is not capable for the popup menus)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. I've never worked on a forum that had this option turned off before.

I tested this on my unhacked 3.0.3 test forum. The Mod user could see the Admin Options box on the forum he was as Moderator of, but not any forums in which he was not a Moderator. This is how it's supposed to work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Make sure you are using a vBulletin 3.0.X style and not your old 2.2.9 Style. The older styles are not compatible and will not work at all with the 3.0.X files.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              Interesting. I've never worked on a forum that had this option turned off before.

I tested this on my unhacked 3.0.3 test forum. The Mod user could see the Admin Options box on the forum he was as Moderator of, but not any forums in which he was not a Moderator. This is how it's supposed to work.
                              Same here, see, we learn each day!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X