custom user title / additional usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom user title / additional usergroup

I specified a custom user title for a group, if I add users to this group under "additional", is the title supposed to appear? Or will it only appear if I make it their primary group?

Because as of now, the title isn't showing up...

If you can have a custom user title applied by additional usergroups, what options might I have wrong?

EDIT: This is what I have set so far under the usergroup...

User Title - filled in
    Can override primary group title/markup - YES
    Allow Users to have Member Groups - YES

What am I missing? Or are user titles only for primary?
    Last edited by pinfo; Sat 17 Jul '04, 7:12pm.

AFAIK, titles will only show for a primary usergroup.

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
      AFAIK, titles will only show for a primary usergroup.
      That's what I was thinking, but if that was true, this option in the usergroups wouldn't make sense.

"Can override primary group title/markup"

Because if that is set to yes (which I have set to yes), then that is saying to me that the usergroup title should override their primary group if they're added to this group as additional. This is why I am confused.

Comment

Bah, misread your post. I would wait for an support team member to reply to this, i'm not quite sure how this works.

Comment

If you set the Public Usergroup option "Can override primary group title/markup" to 'Yes' (even though it's not a Public Usergroup) then your members will have the option to identify themselves as a member of either group via their UserCP > Group Memberships.
          The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
          Articles - Forum Review
          Interviews:
          KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
          Paul M

Comment

Oh, that makes sense. It is not a public group.

Well, is there any way to make the additional group title override the primary group title without making it a public group?

Comment

Originally posted by pinfo

Well, is there any way to make the additional group title override the primary group title without making it a public group?
              Setting the Public Usergroup option "Can override primary group title/markup" to 'Yes' (even though it's not a Public Usergroup) does not make it a Public Group. It only makes it possible to allow your members to choose which group to be identified as. Try it and see - hardly anyone ever believes me on this but I do it on my Boards all the time.
              The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
              Articles - Forum Review
              Interviews:
              KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
              Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
                Setting the Public Usergroup option "Can override primary group title/markup" to 'Yes' (even though it's not a Public Usergroup) does not make it a Public Group. It only makes it possible to allow your members to choose which group to be identified as. Try it and see - hardly anyone ever believes me on this but I do it on my Boards all the time.
                Ok, well I believe you. And I believed you even before I made the post you just replied to.

The fact of the matter is, I do not want my users to have to make the choice for the usertitle to show up, I want it to show up for everyone I add to that additional usergroup.

Lets try this again...

Comment

The user needs to make that choice in the User CP:

User CP -> Group Memberships -> You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups -> {make choice} -> Update Display Group

The choice is left up to them. The default is always the Primary Group.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X