Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Error "0" problem in vb3 install

I have a vbulletin forum that was 2.3.4 that I am trying to update to 3.0.3

I saw from the manual that I needed to upgrade to 2.3.5, and then run upgrade22.php to refresh the database to 2.2.9. I did both of those updates no problem.

I then started uploading 3.0.3 according to the instructions in the manual. I uploaded the written pages [php, html, etc] ASCII and the image files [jpg, ico] BINARY. Instead of deleting the old vbull2 files, I overwrote them instead, which it says you can do in the manual.

After I finished uploading, I went to run
    http://www.entertain-me.org/install/upgrade.php

and got this error message-

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

The emails I'm getting say this-

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Saturday 17th of July 2004 09:56:25 PM
    Script: http://www.entertain-me.org/install/upgrade1.php
    Referer:
    IP Address: 152.163.253.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone tell me what went wrong and what I need to do to correct the error?

MySQL is down or you have bad info in config.php.

Comment

MySQL was down for a minute, but I checked with my host and now things are going fine [I'm on step 37 out of 42].

Thanks for your speedy reply, I appreciate it.

Comment

No problem. remember that 37/42 is only for the first upgrade (vB2 to vB 3.0.0 beta 3).

Good luck with your upgrade, remember when your done to rebuild the searchindex

Comment

Right now it almost seems hung on step 37, although the page says "please wait" it doesn't seem to be doing anything [aka the page isn't loading].

Is that normal for this step?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X