Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make a default {option} when making BB code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro7X
    replied
    Ah... I thought there would be some sort of conflict, but it worked. Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Make two, one with, and one with out

Leave a comment:

• Astro7X
    started a topic How can I make a default {option} when making BB code?

How can I make a default {option} when making BB code?

What I am trying to do is create a Spoiler Tag on my forums where a user clicks a button and it displays the spoiler for whatever it may be. The HTML for the BB code is the following:

<div class="spoiler">
    <input type="button" class="button" onClick="showSpoiler(this);" value="Show Spoiler">
    <span class="content" style="display:none">[{param}]</span>
    </div>
    It basically makes a button with text on it saying "Show Spoiler," and the user clicks on it and it shows the spoiler. Pretty simple.

Now for the hard part... what I would like to do is make the "Show Spoiler" part of the code an {option} where the user could type [spoiler=Major Movie Ending Spoilers]Insert Spoiler[/spoiler] and have the text on the button say "Major Movie Ending Spoilers."

While at the same time I want it so that if they just type [spoiler]Insert Spoiler[/spoiler] it will have the default text of "Show Spoiler" on the button.

I have the code above working properly. I just can't get the option feature working the way I want it, or even know if it's possible. If were to use the {option} code and not type an option, no button shows, not even a button with no text. That could be kind of a problem...

Any help would be great
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X