Running step 2 in the 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 using phpmyAdmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running step 2 in the 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 using phpmyAdmin

Like the topic said I need to know how to complete step 2 of the upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 using phpMyadmin and not the upgrade script.

Can someone give me the queries to run?

Thanks!

The reason why I am asking for the above is when I tried to run step 2 it kept timing out on me. (using both IE and Firefox)

I deleted the 'thumbnail_filesize' TABLE each time and re-ran step 2 but it kept timing out on me. The last time I ran step 2 it went to step three very fast so I figured everything was ok.

Then I went to upgrade to 3.0.3 and the first step of the upgrade complaigned about a missing 'thumbnail_filesize' table so I took a look and I'll be damned if the step 2 from the 3.0.2 upgrade did not run and create the 'thumbnail_filesize' table (along with anything else it should have done.)

If I cannot run step 2 by hand in PHPMyadmin then what would you suggest I do? I already tried telneting into the server and running step 2 using lynx but that didn't work.

Please help, my clients forum is down until I can get this resolved.

Thanks!

Comment

It would also timeout in phpmyadmin.

Do you have access to root on the server you may need to edit the php/mysql configs

Comment

Here are the queries in step 2 (assuming you are not using table prefixes):

ALTER TABLE attachment ADD thumbnail_filesize INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE attachment CHANGE attachmentid attachmentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

ALTER TABLE user CHANGE email email CHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

However you may still have this problerm with phpMyAdmin. The server may be timing out on these queries.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The second query isn't necesarry if the attachment table already has attachmentid set to an INT rather than a SMALLINT.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            It would also timeout in phpmyadmin.

Do you have access to root on the server you may need to edit the php/mysql configs
            Yes, I have full access to the server. I'll try the query steps above tonight and report back on my progress.

I'm not sure why it would be timing out on me as the attachment database is a small one for this server.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Comment

Still timing out.

In my php.ini I raised my max execution time from 60 to 600 seconds and my memory limit to from 32 to 64 megs.

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?

Comment

It's got to be something wrong with the configuration of your server. For help with optimizing your server, please see this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  It's got to be something wrong with the configuration of your server. For help with optimizing your server, please see this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
                  I dont think the server config is the problem. It's only running two forums, both running VB and the other forum upgraded to 3.0.3 without any problems.

Comment

You could run the querys from the command line if its still timing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      You could run the querys from the command line if its still timing out.
                      That's what I just got done doing and it worked great. Didn't know why I didn't think of that before. It's been a long 24 hours.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

Comment