Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    Yeah, you have to be very selective as to where you want to change it. There IS a way to globally change text, but I'd never have big enough balls to try it. Doing that is like firing a gun; once you pull the trigger, your fate (for good or ill) is sealed....

Leave a comment:

• gardensense
    replied
    Thank you, Dennis. I get it now.

However. I still can't figure out how to do a global change of Reputation to Karma. I fooled around in the phrases area, and it TELLS me that the translation of Reputation = Karma is in place, but on the board itself the word Reputation still shows up in a lot of places (do you want to add to x's reputation? is an example). So do each of those occurrences have to be changed separately to Karma? If so, oh boy, that is going to take some time.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    "postbits" are the components that make up a specific post. "Threadbits" are the same thing, but for threads. (This is overly simplistic, but pretty accurate.) The "postbit" (and "postbit_legacy") templates contain the code that creates the post-content on demand, when you click on a thread.

You have a header, a navber, a bunch of "postbits" (how many ever posts make up that thread), and a footer. Thant makes up a vB page.

Leave a comment:

• gardensense
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    postbit template
    and the phrases through the phrase manager
    do you have to change all the occurrences of Reputation to Karma individually? There's got to be some global way to do it, no?

maybe this is unclear to me because I still can't figure out what the heck a postbit is.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    postbit template
    and the phrases through the phrase manager

Leave a comment:

• DarknessDivine
    replied
    Cool..thanks for that....
    One thing where do I find this to modify it?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Code:
       <if condition="$show['reputationlink']">
    <fieldset class="fieldset"><legend><a href="#" onclick="return reputation($post[postid])">$vbphrase[reputation]</a><else />$vbphrase[reputation]</if>: </legend><div class="smallfont">
       Points: <strong>$post[reputation]</strong><if condition="$show['reppower']"> / $vbphrase[reppower]: $post[reppower]</if>
       <br />$post[reputationdisplay]
       </div></fieldset>
       <else />&nbsp;</if>

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    That is cool huh

$post[reputation] will show the points.

Change the phrases with reputation into karma, and it will show like karma.

Leave a comment:

• DarknessDivine
    started a topic Change reputation like Floris has?

Change reputation like Floris has?

How can I change the area that is for reputation and have it say Karma above the reputation bars? I don't want to remove the reputation just add the title Karma above the reputation bars that like I see at vBulletin.nl?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X