Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing custom title char limit

Hi all

I currently have a donation system on my forums, whereas when a member donates, they get a custom title, which also includes a small contributor badge, added on by a small bit of code.

This can be changed in the Admin CP, but not by the users in their profile. I want users to be able to change their custom title, however the character limit is set to 30 and I need it to be longer than this to fit all the code in.

What do I need to edit to increase the char limit?

The maximum custom title length is defined in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> User Title Maximum Characters

Comment

Ahh super stuff. Thanks mate.

Comment

One more problem. Whenever a member tries to change their title, it reverts them back to not parsing HTML. I need it to stay stuck to parse the HTML. The custom title they use does have html attached to it yer see.

Is there a way of making sure the custom title always parses HTML?

Comment

I don't believe HTML is allowed in custom titles when added by members. This would be a significant security risk.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yep, fair enough. OK, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X