Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade.php error

going from 3.0.0 > 3.0.3 and get this when i try to run upgrade.php:

am trying to run upgrade like so: http://www.edtechforum.net/install/upgrade.php

open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in vol1:/www/edtech/install/upgradecore.php on line 454

will keep trying, maybe recopy the files, etc. but if in the meantime anyone sees the error of my ways or knows a fix will be grateful. cheers.

Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

man, you guys are fast. thanks.

found no such file nowheres on that volume, so copied and pasted your goody here:

http://www.edtechforum.net/phpinfo.php

btw, not sure things are related, but after closing the board and beginning the upgrade, got the following from my board:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4:

Invalid SQL:

### Delete stale cpsessions ###

DELETE FROM cpsession

WHERE dateline < 1089909524

mysql error: Table 'vbulletin.cpsession' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Thursday 15th of July 2004 01:38:44 PM

Script:
      http://www.edtechforum.net/cron.php?&rand=289377

Referer:
      http://www.edtechforum.net

Username: TonyT

IP Address: 10.200.70.1

Comment

You really shouldn't be using a DEV version of PHP. I recommend upgrading to the latest stable version - 4.3.8.

However you do have open_basedir restrictions on your server. You or your host will need to chmod the /tmp directory to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hmmm, that's what ships with netware 6.5...

funny thing is on the same server i had upgraded to 3/rc 4 from 2.x with no trouble, and don't reckon any changes have been made since...

anyway, now i'm off to learn me how to 'chmod the /tmp directory to 777'....?

Comment

found this in the server's php.ini:

open_basedir = ".;sys:/tmp"

could i edit that to fix the issue?

Comment

You would need to login as root and edit your php.ini file to correct that line.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I ran into almost the same problem when attempting to upgrade a clients site from vBulletin 3.0.1 to 3.0.6 with a little twist.

I uploaded all of the 3.0.6 files with the exception of install.php and the config file. Went to the installer and received the CUSTOMER NUMBER box. Entered the Customer Number, nothing happened. returned to login box, and tried customer number again, customer password, etc...nothing. Login box remained.

So, my clients site had all new scripts and I couldn't do anything. In total desperation I entered another VALID customer number and gained access to the upgrade script. I then received an SQL ERROR on Step 2 I believe and the site's vBulletin was officially dead.

I have it back up now but have two obvious problems.

#1 Why won't it accept the customer number taken directly from the Registration email? (THat seems to be the major issue although I don't know what that would have to do with the SQL Error).

#2 We are now getting a hourly SQL Error message. I restored the Cron Folder again and ran the job from vBulletin and got no error so perhaps that was my mistake when doing the restore.

I added the phpinfo.php to the forums folder of signs101.com

I'm new to the signs101.com site and don't know a lot of the details of what may have gone on before I arrived.

I can provide their registration information as it was given to me.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,

If you submit a support ticket with ftp and an admincp login I can take a bit deeper look into this for you, as I do not see anything fishy in your phpinfo that might be causing the problem.

Comment

Thank you. I will seek the support ticket area out immediately!

Comment

I see I am logged in as a Signs101 member. I purchased a license for my own site, cabinfeveronline.net. Its the signs101.com site I'm having issues with. Cabinfeveronline.net upgraded fine but I wasn't going from 3.0.1 to 3.0.6. That one was 3.0.4 (original install) to 3.0.6.

I didn't want to confuse the issue since I own one license and am managing another.

Thanks!

Comment