3.0.0 to 3.0.3 readme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 readme

probably the dumbest questions of the day, but in the 3.0.3 readme's short and sweet inplace upgrade instructions, i pause here:

'Upload all files from the 'upload' folder in the zip, with the exception of install/install.php and includes/config.php.new'...

1. that means i delete the two files mentioned, right? not needed or wanted?

2. upload where? to my existing board's folder? if so, replace all my existing files? why does that scare me?

btw, is forums (plural) in the parenthetical url copied below from the readme a typo?

'Open your browser and point the URL to http://<span style="color:red">www.d.../forum/</span>install/upgrade.php (where www.domain.com/forums/ is the URL of your vBulletin). You should now be automatically forwarded to the appropriate upgrade script and step.'

cheers

1. Yes you can delete those two files
    2. Yes you overwrite your existing files. If you've change the name of you admincp folder, make sure to upload the admincp files to your admincp location.

In regards to 'forums', looks like a typo but you just need to put the url of your fourms in place of that.

Comment

thanks freddie. reckon i've stepped on enough rakes and touched too many hot stoves not to ask... and the mean old schoolteacher in me LOVES finding typos...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X