Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thegunowner149
    replied
    No, the user does not have any secondary usergroups. It's been perplexing me as well.

I have sent a PM with the pertinent information.

Thank you for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    That isn't right. Is this user a member of any secondary groups that have access to those forums?

If you continue to have problems then I need to look at your permissions. Send me a private message with an admin login and URL for your forums, the username of the problem user, and the names of the private forums.

Leave a comment:

• thegunowner149
    started a topic Permission issue? Or designed that way?

Permission issue? Or designed that way?

I have one forum where within it I have subforums that are only viewable by admins and specific secondary usergroups.

For instance, my primary "Registered" usergroup cannot see ANY of these subforums.

I recently found that one of my "Registered" users was able to see some of the forums that were invisible to all other "Registered" users. Upon investigating, I figured out how. This user, by means of access masks, had been edited (by me) to ONLY be able to see the main forum where these subforums were. When I edited his access masks, I selected "All no" and said "Yes" for just the one forum. Keep in ming he was still in the "Registered" usergroup.

A little while later, I created new subforums in that main forum. His access masks for that subforum were automatically set to "default". Default for his usergroup (Registered) is to NOT be able to see those subforums, yet he was still able to.

Does that make sense? It is supposed to be that way? Thank you.