attachment limits and error msgs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment limits and error msgs

there is no attachment limit displayed in the post "manage attachment" area, so ppl dont know just what is the limit

also when they attach something to big tthey get no error msg, this is causing ppl to try over and over and each time i get a email saying "database eror" that is 1-3 MBs in size

any help?

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other setting that affect file uploads:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=12
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

my max upload is set to roughly 700 k for most user groups,

but these ppl try to upload say 1.2 MB files, and i end up getting a error

why doesnt vb tell them "the file u have tried to upload is too big, the max limit is 700k"

also why isnt it displayed next , or near the file types, the limit, should be in the code vbPhrase(file limit) or whatever

Comment

What is the database error you are receiving? If it is a max_packet error then you are allowing attachments that exceed your mysql max packet setting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X