Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    Great! Thanks a lot, this'll be easy now.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    If you reran the attachments upgrade step then that could cause this. You could run a query to tell you which posts have the duplicate attachments.

SELECT COUNT(*) AS count, postid FROM attachment GROUP BY postid ORDER BY count DESC

Then you can go to that post and delete them

www.example.com/forums/showthread.php?p=postid

You would need a custom script to automate the entire procedure.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    Nope, the forum had no hacks installed. Just template modifications.

During the upgrade, it failed a few times and had to be restarted. (due to a memory limit...) This might be a major factor.

Is there any way I can go in and delete the extra attachments without hunting, though?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I don't see any way that this could happen and can't diagnose it without a backup of the 2.x database with attachments. Was your 2.x database modified by any hacks?

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I meant to say was there a chance that the threads were duplicates of existing threads, using the "Copy" thread utility.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    No. The posts in that thread have always been there, none were moved to it.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Can you tell me if you think these attachments belonged to threads that were "copied" on your vB2 forum? I'm trying to say, you had thread A with attachments and then you copied it to thread B at some point.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    I upgraded 2 days ago. I made a copy of the database, except for the attachments table. (Didn't want to download 700mb)

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    When did you do the upgrade? Do you have a copy of your vB2.x database?

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    Err, not 8 or 10 duplicates, actually many more than that.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    replied
    A lot of posts on the forum had an attachment before switching to vBulletin3, and they now have 8 or 10 duplicates.

Here's an example:
    http://www.svencoop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=259819

I've been going through and deleting the extra attachments, but it's getting to be too painful.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    The upgrade script doesn't do anything to duplicate attachments. How do you know you have duplicated attachments?

Leave a comment:

• SC_Sniper
    started a topic Duplicate attachments

Duplicate attachments

On a good number of posts in my forum, the attachments were somehow duplicated during the upgrade from v2.x to v3.0.3.

http://www.svencoop.com/forums

My database attachment table was 700mb, and it's now 920mb.
    Is there any tool available to go through and remove the extra duplicated attachments?