Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on UserGroups and Permissions

Hi All

I am after some advice from experts out there please as to methods of implementing usergroups and permissions etc.

I have been using phpBB for 2 years and am used to using the features and methods for usergroups and access from that. I have migrated a test forum over to vB303 and am now in the process of trying to implement usergroups in that.

I noticed that the usergroups in phpBB were not migrated from the phpBB UserGroups, but from the phpBB ranks. I have several forums where members can only view/post/reply etc if they are members of certain usergroups. I have looked at the forum and usergroup permissions etc and am asking which in your opinion is the best way to set these up. Is it via 'deny all' and then add as appropriate or should I work the other way around i.e. grant all and then remove?

How have you done this?

Thanks.
    John

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    Is it via 'deny all' and then add as appropriate or should I work the other way around i.e. grant all and then remove?
    Whichever way is faster. If you will have more Yes permissions than No permissions then setting them all to Yes at first will be faster, and vice versa.

The default forum permissions for members of a group are set at the group level in your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

Exceptions to these forum permissions can be set in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Comment

Working...
    X