Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default forum permissions for a new usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default forum permissions for a new usergroup?

Hi, I tried searching for about 30 mins and could not find an answer.

When a new usergroup is created, from where does it inherit its default forum permissions?

Reason I ask is that we have a hidden forum viewable to select members, but when the new usergroup was added they suddenly had access to it.

We also have a hidden moderator forum, but the usergroup was denied access to it when it was added.

The only thing I can think of is that the moderator forum is under a category that restricts registered members, but the hidden forum is under a broader category that allows registered members. The registered group is specifically denied from the hidden forum.
    Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Originally posted by jw791
    Hi, I tried searching for about 30 mins and could not find an answer.

When a new usergroup is created, from where does it inherit its default forum permissions?

Reason I ask is that we have a hidden forum viewable to select members, but when the new usergroup was added they suddenly had access to it.

We also have a hidden moderator forum, but the usergroup was denied access to it when it was added.

The only thing I can think of is that the moderator forum is under a category that restricts registered members, but the hidden forum is under a broader category that allows registered members. The registered group is specifically denied from the hidden forum.
    It could be that when you added the new usergroup, you used the "Create Usergroup Based off of Useroup: X" Option. If this was the case, the permissions for the new usergroup would be based off the ones chosen for this option.
    Attached Files
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
      It could be that when you added the new usergroup, you used the "Create Usergroup Based off of Useroup: X" Option. If this was the case, the permissions for the new usergroup would be based off the ones chosen for this option.
      Thanks for the reply - that helps - did not notice that before.
      Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X