Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Template??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Template??

    Hi,

    If I want to add a banner between the main menu ( user cp faq and so on ) and main forums, which template is this?

    Also which template would I need to edit to have a banner on the right like www.webhostingtalk.com?

    Thanks,
    Linda

  • #2
    Originally posted by linda522
    If I want to add a banner between the main menu ( user cp faq and so on ) and main forums, which template is this?
    Go to your:

    Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

    Find this code and add your banner code where indicated:

    Code:
    <!-- / nav buttons bar -->
    
    <br />
    
    [color=red]BANNER CODE HERE[/color]
    
    <br />
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    <if condition="$show['popups']">
    <!-- NAVBAR POPUP MENUS -->
    Originally posted by linda522
    Also which template would I need to edit to have a banner on the right like www.webhostingtalk.com?
    Go to your:

    Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Common Templates (in the menu)

    In your header template, replace the red code with your banner code:

    Code:
    <!-- logo -->
    <a name="top"></a>
    <table border="0" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    	<td align="$stylevar[left]"><a href="$vboptions[forumhome].php?$session[sessionurl]"><img src="$stylevar[titleimage]" border="0" alt="$vboptions[bbtitle]" /></a></td>
    	<td align="$stylevar[right]">
    		[color=red]&nbsp;
    <!--
      NEW HEADER &amp; NAVBAR
      
      Now that the nav buttons are in the
      navbar template, you can stick whatever
      you like into this space.
    
      This makes it much easier for novice
      admins to customize their header
      template without affecting important
      navigation elements.
    -->[/color]
    	</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <!-- /logo -->
    
    <!-- content table -->
    $spacer_open
    
    $_phpinclude_output

    Comment


    • #3
      I was aldo Having the same problem yesterday and i found a hack in vB.org

      Here's the link http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65890

      Cheers!
      =)

      Comment


      • #4
        Not upper top right hand corner but I want it on the right like this site

        http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/

        The skyscraper one.

        thanks,
        Linda

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by linda522
          Not upper top right hand corner but I want it on the right like this site

          http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/

          The skyscraper one.

          thanks,
          Linda
          do a search on vbulletin.org , someone ever posted how to add an extra column to the left or right of the forum.

          Comment


          • #6
            alternatively u can look at Jake's thread here :
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90

            Comment

            Loading...
            Working...
            X