Forum Permissions Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Permissions Bug?

I have a "hidden" category containing 3 forums; Staff Room, Review Team and mOfO.uk Counter-Strike Clan.

I have access masks enabled.

Admins, Super Mods, Mods and Reviewers all have access to the hidden category by default.
    Admins, Super Mods and Mods all have access to the Staff Room forum by default (inherited permissions from the category, but removed Reviewer's access).
    Admins, Super Mods and Reviewers all have access to the Review Team forum by default (inherited permissions from the category, but removed Mod's access).
    Admins have access to the mOfO.uk Counter-Strike Clan forum by default (inherited permissions from the category, but removed Super Mod's, Mod's and Reviewer's access).

If I set up access masks on a registered user to have access to the hidden category and mOfO.uk Counter-Strike Clan forum checked to YES, and Staff Room and Review Team forums checked to NO - The Review Team forum disappears but the Staff Room can still be seen.

Is there a problem with the way I have set up the permissions and access masks, or is the a bug in the coding of vB3.? I'm currently running 3.0.1..

I hope this was easy enough to follow..

^ Bump.

Comment

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Hide Private Forums > YES

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Forum Listings Display Options > Hide Private Forums > YES
        It's already set to yes..

Comment

The access masks are set to all no for each group that you dont want to see it ?

Comment

do you use secondary user groups? If so, I make all my secondary usergroups have no permissions, then assign them permissions for only the forums they should have access to. Works better than access masks, once you figure out how they work.

Comment

using access masks...you can always click 'deny all' for the staff area, then allow the usergroup(s) you want.... that should make sure nothing is being inherited that shouldn't be.

Comment

I don't use secondary usergroups.

I have now set the category and 3 forums to deny all, and attempted to set up my account with access to just the category and the mOfO.uk forum - the Staff Room is still being shown.. What gives?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, well thanks to Zachery I got it working..
                  I had to create a new usergroup for the mOfO clan and set up permissions that way.

Jelsoft should look in to a possible conflict between forum permissions and access masks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion Knight
                    Hmm, well thanks to Zachery I got it working..
                    I had to create a new usergroup for the mOfO clan and set up permissions that way.

Jelsoft should look in to a possible conflict between forum permissions and access masks though.
                    Yes, I've had trouble with conflicts between permissions and access masks before now.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X