Moving domains with attachments in file system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving domains with attachments in file system

I am looking to move a database to another server for a week or so but the domain is different.

The database itself I can do without an issue now but what will happen when the relative path for the attachments in the new domain is wrong? as it will have changed from

/home/1domain/public_html/bbs/ and files at /home/1domain/vbfiles/
    To
    /home/2domain/public_html/bbs/ and files at /home/2domain/vbfiles/

Will it prompt for file location or can I go ahead with a db move and then just change the path to attachments in the admincp?

Just thought i would ask first instead of asking how can I fix this later......
    Thanks In Advance

John

There is an option in the admincp to change the filepath under Attachments -> Storage Type.

Comment

Ah, nowhere in admincp to set path, just move to/from file/database

Can I edit in the tables somewhere the new path directly?
      Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
        There is an option in the admincp to change the filepath under Attachments -> Storage Type.
        Freddie, where is it? or is it so obvious i cannot see it.

All i can see in attachment storage type is a box which gives the current file location and 2 radio button options to move the files back into the database or move items into another directory.

But as it is the home path that will be changing for the file location i can see nowhere to change that?
        Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

That is it, the option to move the files into another directory. It doesn't actually move the files, just changes the path to what you want it to be.

Comment

Thanks Freddie

Just thought I would ask first, click later, avoid pain

Might be an idea to change the buttons functional description though, at some point, as its not obvious and its not well highlighted in help either.

Cheers
            Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X