Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test and Dev Install (Slightly Different)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test and Dev Install (Slightly Different)

Alright, I want to set up a fresh install for testing and development. I know that this is ok, as per the license, as long as it isn't viewable by the public and I use /vbtest as the install dir. I have some considerations that may affect this. May I set this up as vbtest.wizardingrealm.com and turn off new registrations so that I can see my template live and via the domain? As long as people can't actually use the board, although they could see it if they guessed the subdomain it was on, is this ok? My reasons are as follows: I need to be able to test transfer times and test load handling from outside the lan. The only way I can do this is via the domain name due to the way it is routed. Unlike most hosted services, I host this myself. My server is behind the lan. This is why I need to set it up as a subdomain and route my request through my DSL provider. Please reply soon as I want to get started. And no, I won't be advertising the subdomain to my users, only you guys here, and I will know about it. Thanks.
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

That should be fine. You can also put is behind htaccess for further security.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Will do Steve. Thanks.
      House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X