Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with spammer

Hi!

I have a big problem with someone registering multiple accounts and sending out PM's to all my members about a pyramid game to make money on.

He's sent well over a thousand PM's now and I really need to get rid of this user.

I've banned his IP but it doesn't help. He's probably using some sort of "fake IP" thingy. And he changes email address all the time.

Looking at the rate of which he's sending out PM's he must be using some type of Macro / spam script made for vBulletin.

What I've done right now, is to bump up the time required between two PM's to 60 seconds.

Other than that, I've also gone in through MySQLcc and located all of his Spam PM's and deleted them straight out of the "pmtext" table. Does this mess anything up? If so, how can I fix this? Can I re-build the structure? thanks

Is there some type of flooding script that can check if a duplicate PM is sent out. What I mean is that if two PMs are identical and sent within, say 5 minutes the user is automatically banned / removed whateva.

I need urgent help on this matter!

thanks for any tips

Get the IP from the user and put that in the ban user options page.

Then ban the accounts he registered with and turn on image verification and moderate new account signups.

Goto the admin control panel > users > search users and there you can click on 'delete pm's from user' from the drop down box.

Comment

or stick on all usergroups (apart from staff) to dissalow PMs, make a new usergroup for all well known members and put them all in that one,

Or stop Pms for users with less than 50 posts or so. (if thats not possible ask ovr @ vb.org)

Comment

You could also moderate new members if he's annoying you that much.

But i do suggest you....
        Make use of the "Miserable" template edit on vb.org. Its a god sent and will keep him entertained for a while. It'll also keep you entertained! Good luck
        TopDog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X