Help., Usergroup updating error v3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help., Usergroup updating error v3.0.3

I'm gettign the following SQL error when I try to edit a usergroup permissions.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE usergroup SET

### UPDATE QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ###
    title = 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation',
    description = '',
    usertitle = '',
    opentag = '',
    closetag = '',
    passwordexpires = '0',
    passwordhistory = '0',
    canseehiddencustomfields = '0',
    attachlimit = '0',
    profilepicmaxwidth = '100',
    profilepicmaxheight = '100',
    profilepicmaxsize = '65535',
    pmquota = '50',
    pmsendmax = '0',
    canuserep = '0',
    cannegativerep = '0',
    canseeownrep = '0',
    canhiderep = '0',
    forumpermissions = '1',
    pmpermissions = '0',
    calendarpermissions = '0',
    wolpermissions = '0',
    adminpermissions = '0',
    genericpermissions = '64',
    genericoptions = '0',
    arcadepermissions = '0'
    WHERE usergroupid=3
    mysql error: Unknown column 'canseehiddencustomfields' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

All i was trying to do wat to turn on forum viewing for users awaiting email cofirmation.

You didn't upload all the 3.0.3 files and/or you are using hacked files. Reupload everything except the inages and install.php. Make dsure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay I'll go through all files.

Can you tell me if 'canseehiddencustomfields' was supposed to be added to the field list in 3.0.2 or 3.0.3?

I don't see it in any fields through phpMyAdmin.

Comment

Okay I've replaced all files with clean 3.0.3 files. I still get the error. I dont' see the canseehiddencustomfield feild anywhere in the usergroup table via phpMyadmin. I do see the call to it in line 190 of admin/usergroup.php. Did my installation not go correctly? Can I run a query to add this table? if so.. can you tell me what query I should run? (I'm not a whiz at mySQL.. in fact I'm next to ignorant)

Thanks.

Comment

If you go to Import & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect Files, does it only list 3.0.3 files?

Comment

Okay sorted out. I had 4 or 5 files left from 3.0.1 but... those files weren't listed as changed in 3.0.2 or 3.0.3 so I shouldn't of had to swap those. But apparently there was a change somewhere in them and the file just didn't get listed. Problem fixed. Thanks guys.

Comment

We use CVS to output a list of updated files, what ones are missing from the announcement that caused your problem?
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Not 100% certain.

I know when 3.0.3 was released I replaced all listed file changes. Then went about adding my tweeks to files. I discovered the error and replaced all listed file changes again from a fresh download. The error persisted.

So I replaced all files with 3.0.3 with the exception of files I had altered in 3.0.2 and were not on the 3.0.3 update list (4 or 5 files). Still had the error.

I then stepped back.. and replaced everything. The error vanished. I then reapplied all my changes to the 3.0.3 files and everything seems to be okay.

It is entirely possible one of my changes had caused the issue. I don't rule that out by any means. However, with a good running v3.0.2 and fresh replacements of all listed files for 3.0.3, the forum should have not seen the error.

No biggie.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X