Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brookelyn
    replied
    I am having the same problem. I just added paid subscriptions and there is a new usergroup called "supporting members" that becomes their secondary usergroup. I would like to be able to markup their names in bold or a different color throughout the site, but as mentioned in the previous posts, it's not working unless it is the members primary usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• Rob Eh
    replied
    This does work, but each user must make a change in their profile.

If the user goes into their User CP, under Group Memberships, they can change how they are identifed, and the html markup works if they choose a secondary group to be identifies as.

But is there a way to make the displayed identity to pickup the group that identifies them as a subscriber as default?

Leave a comment:

• Rob Eh
    replied
    I've been trying to do the same thing. But the html markup does not appear to work when this group is only a secondary group for this member.

The Can override primary group title/markup has no effect. In fact, the usertitle still is displayed from the primary usergroup settings, and the secondary will not override it.

Changing the primary group will only work for members of "Registered Users" and not anyone wlse like mods power mods etc.

Last edited by Rob Eh; Sat 10 Jul '04, 6:51am.

Leave a comment:

• JonUrban
    replied
    UPDATE - I created a new PRIMARY group that is a combination of the REGISTERED USER and my SPECIAL GROUP. I added the image tag and now I have a little icon after their username, which is what I wanted to happen in the first place.

Now, my problem is the moderators. I have 2 moderators that qualify for this icon. I put them in the SPECIAL GROUP as their primary group, then added the Moderator group as a secondary group for them. Well, they have the HTML morkup for moderators (blue text), but the attributes for the SPECIAL GROUP do not override the moderator attributes.

At this point I am lost. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

THANKS

:-jon

Leave a comment:

• JonUrban
    replied
    No, there is no markup on the standard group, except when I tested it to see if I was doing it right. I changed the username to red (in the registered usergroup), and that worked. However, I then deleted it from there, as I only want those in the subgroup to be red (or whatever).

THANKS AGAIN

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Is there any markup on the standard usergroup?

Leave a comment:

• JonUrban
    replied
    Yes I have this set to YES:

Can override primary group title/markup

but still nogo. The secondary usergroups MARKUP settings do not make it to the board.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    In the additional usergroup did you assign the setting, can override html markup ?

Leave a comment:

• JonUrban
    started a topic Q about Username HTML Markup

Q about Username HTML Markup

I have some people who are in the "registered" user group that are in a secondary group. I want to use an HTML markup to have a special condition for their usernames to indicate that they belong to the secondary user group.

However, when I place HTML in the markup tag section of the secondary group, nothing happens. If I put this same HTML into the exact same spot on the registered usergroup, it works. This verifies that my html is good and I am putting in the interface properly.

In the registered user group and the secondary user group, I have the following set to YES -

Allow Users to have Member Groups
    (Sets whether or not permissions from the user's member (secondary) user group memberships are inherited or not)

So, my problem is that anything I put into the "Username HTML Markup" area of the SECONDARY user group does nothing.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. (vB3.0.1)

THANKS