no posts in 30 days, how can I display these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no posts in 30 days, how can I display these

I have had my site down for a while, posts are not showing up how can i make the posts display for all users so my forums doesnt look dead?

Admin Control Panel > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Edit the forum where you want this to happen, from the drop down 'default view age', set it to 'show all threads'.

Comment

Ahh yes, i just happend to find that by accident while creating a forum.
      Here is another question for you.
      I have been trying to import all my info from my phpbb to VB. I think i have most of it done but i cant get the actuall text from the posts to show up, i have ran all the import things i can but now when i try to look at the import options i get a weird screen, in quotes below. They are not links but just in a box, anyway when you go to my forums you can see the catagory, then go into the forum ok, but there is no text, and when you hit the reply button i get a "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster" message
      001 Check and update database
      002 Associate Users
      003 Import Users
      004 Import Ban List
      005 Import Styles
      006 Import Forums and Categories
      007 Import Threads
      008 Import Smilies
      009 Import Posts
      010 Import Polls
      011 Import Private Messages
      012 Import Ranks

Comment

Did you update the thread and forum counters after importing?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes i believe i did. But also when i try to go into the import section it just comes up with the screen from above. No links no options just writing.

Comment

Are you trying to import or what? What exactly has changed since this problem started?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok heres the whole deal, I am trying to import me exsisting phpbb forum into VB, users, posts, everything. I seem to have everything imported exept the actuall posts. You can see the catagories, the names of the posts but when you go into the actuall post there is nothing, here is a link to my site http://www.sweetquads.com/vb/index.php Everything is there but the actuall text of the posts.

Also i seem to have broken the importer, when i go to it through the admin section i just get the screen like i quotes above.

Comment

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager.

Next create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, no change

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X