Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I made a small goof and apparently forgot to delete one of the required files upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.0.1

My problem now is that all the avatars are missing but they are still showing up as links as Username's Avatar. I can't figure out what to do from here (or if there's even anything I can do). Avatars are enabled, btw.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

If the avatars were stored in the file system, and you deleted them out of the file system. Then that would be why the avatars are broken.

Comment

I thought the same thing but there were no files in the old forum directory (I believe 2.2.6 stored them in the database as well). I checked in the current admin and it says avatars are currently served from the database.

Do you think letting it move from the database to the file system would solve it?

Comment

Yes, but i think, even in vB2 if you added default avatars for people to use, they were kept in the file system.

Comment

Default avatars were, yes. These are custom avatars uploaded by users.

It's goofy but moving them from the database into the file system fixes it. Attempting to do the reverse breaks it again. I'll just leave well enough alone for now and leave them in the file system.

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
          X