Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to backup database in vBulletin on local host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to backup database in vBulletin on local host?

Hi,
    I am testing my forum on my deck top (as a local host).
    I’d like to backup my database, but I have not cPanel on my local host.

How to backup database in vBulletin on local host?

Thank you.

The recommended backup method is telnet / SSH. The commands to backup are detailed on this page.

Comment

Hi,
      Can I backup database from vBulletin Admin Control Panel?
      My forum is in my desktop which is a local host. I do not need telnet or SSH.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, you can backup by going to your:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Database Backup

However, this method is subject to timeouts, and so it is recommended you use the mysql command.

Comment

Hi,
          Can you explain me what is this means “subject to timeouts”.
          Thank you.

Comment

The backup script in the Admin CP is a PHP script. PHP scripts have a maximum execution time. If this time is reached before the backup is completed then you will have an incomplete backup.

Comment

O.K.
              I understand this. I guess I can change maximum execution time through php config (to increase, if necessary).

Imagine that I will be able to backup my database through AdminCP without problem. Is this backup will be good to restore on another server by using cPanel?

Thank you.

Comment

CPanel has its own backup feature. I think it requires a backup file that was generated by CPanel.

The backup file created when you backup your database will be a standard mysqldump file that you can restore using the command line.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X