Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Every time the forum mailer sends notifications out to users it bounces back. E-mails from "nobody by name.server.com" have been blocked. How would I give the mailer an identity?

Received: from nobody by name.server.com with local (Exim 4.34) (This is what I need to change)

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

vBulletin Options > use the ' -f ' setting for sendmail, did you have that to yes or no ?

Comment

What do you mean by ' -f '?

Comment

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Server Settings and Optimization Options > Enable "-f" Parameter.

Some email servers require the "-f" parameter to be sent with email calls from PHP. If you are having problems with users not receiving email, try enabling this option. In all likelihood, your problem will not be caused by this setting.

Comment

Since this is related, can you recommend a great email server with web access. It has to work with VB send email. I use Ability Email Server and the only way it works with it is to leave the relay open (VB/PHP doesn't authenticate) that causes all kinds of spam problems. I just want to replace it with a "locally installed" email server that's easy to use and setup.

Comment

No I can't, sorry.

Comment

No problem, I just upgraded to 3.0.2 and modified the settings for mail.php and it works beautifully! Great job on 3.0.2 all of you! Been waiting for this for over a year now. Thanks!

Comment

Great! I am glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X