No announcement yet.

email notification question, thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email notification question, thank you!

I need the same answer that guy asked several days ago. Please help, I cant find the way to edit the message text code.

Thank you!

"i noticed the email sent also have the posted messege. I would like to turn off that option so members have to visit the forum in order to get the updated posts.
    LextremeView Public ProfileSend a private message to LextremeSend email to LextremeFind all posts by LextremeAdd Lextreme to Your Buddy List
    May 13th 2004, 12:22pm
    Ocean vbmenu_register("postmenu_670866", true);

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lextreme
    Hey Gang,

How do u turn off the option where member recieve an email from their thread. However, i noticed the email sent also have the posted messege. I would like to turn off that option so members have to visit the forum in order to get the updated posts.

Well, to your first question - that feature is a matter of how they choose to Subscribe to a Thread. The default method of Subscription is something that Users set in their UserCP Options.

However, you can pre-set the default for all New Users in the AdminCP/Options/User Registration Options (It's all the way on the bottom).

As to removing the message text from the notification emails, edit the Notify Phrase (Email Body Text Phrases), and remove the following section:

Code:
    Here is the message that has just been posted:***************$pagetext***************

If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the post text from the emails?

Comment

yes, please help.

Comment

can someone help me? thanks

Comment

Woops, sorry for the delay.

Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Search for Phrases.

In the input field, enter: $pagetext
          Search in ... (x) phrase text only.
          Click on [ FIND ] button.

It will list 1 or more results, the phrase "notify" is what you want click on the [edit] button and modify the phrase in the english translation and save the page.

What you need to modify is remove the part you don't want, like $pagetext

Comment

Thanks, I found it but I cant delete the phrase "Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** $pagetext *************** " in the Phrase Manager. it does not allow me to edit the text.

Do I need to copy all the text and then put them into English (US) Translation box, edit the text and save then?

Thanks

Comment

Yep Very good!

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X