Moderation Queue for Posts/New Registrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation Queue for Posts/New Registrations

Can you select to moderate new registrations and/or posts so they have to be approved before they go live? If so where is the option and how do you validate the users/posts - can mods/admins do it or just admins?

Reason I ask is I have a big problem with trolls the last few hours and them posting crap and registering usersnames to impersonate people and suchlike, and I really want to open the forum, but if I do I don't want there to be a massive influx of troll like postings again.

Thanks

Justin

1) Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registeration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes

2) Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> [choose the appropriate usergroup, normally 'Registered'] -> Edit Usergroup -> Always Moderate This Group's Posts -> Yes

New registrants are moderated in the Admin CP. Moderators should be able to moderate and approve new posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Cheers, thanks for that, am going to put it in place now. Thought there must be an easier way rather than going through every forum and changing moderate new posts and threds to yes, as was far too tired to do that last night!

Comment

Working...
      X