Backup Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Problem

I installed 1 1/2 weeks ago and have been playing a testing and configuring. I did a backup days ago and it seemed fine. Today was my first day of real operation with real registered members. I just did a backup from the ADMIN CP

I got this followed by hundreds of lines of text obviously too much to paste here. Whats wrong ??

Steve

Warning: fopen(./forumbackup-06-30-2004.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in C:\Domains\mozartforum.com\wwwroot\VB_forum\admincp\backup.php on line 170
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS access; CREATE TABLE access ( userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, forumid smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL, accessmask smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (userid,forumid) );
    Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Domains\mozartforum.com\wwwroot\VB_forum\admincp\backup.php on line 175

Processing: access

Returning to top. Please, I need some direction here.

Steve

Comment

Looks like vBulletin didnt have permission to write to that folder.

The folder your going to backup to, if your writing it to the file system, MUST be fully writteable, IE chmodded to 777

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Looks like vBulletin didnt have permission to write to that folder.

The folder your going to backup to, if your writing it to the file system, MUST be fully writteable, IE chmodded to 777
        Would it switch back and forth ? 4 days ago I wrote to it.

Steve

Comment

Did you check it?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Did you check it?
            I've passed the error message on to my server guy. He's looking at it.
            Assuming it is a write permission thats been altered, it isn't the first time
            I've about had it with this server company.

There is no way I can alter permissions correct ?

Steve

Comment

Login with your standard ftp program, right click on that folder and select chmod from the drop down (most GUI FTP programs have somthing like this)

You should be able to rechmod the folder if it did get changed for some reason

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X