A question about modifying the threadbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about modifying the threadbits

I've been tooling around with my templates today, getting a news archive skin back in working order. The look I'm going for is basically a modified vB2-- thread name, poster, views, and date posted. I've managed to get everything squared away and showing up but the date. =\ In the column for date (in threadbits), I wasn't sure what was the right code, so I swiped the one from postbits, but it's not showing up.

So, between the TD tags where the date is supposed to go in threadbits, what do I put?

(and as a smaller issue, how can I change the color of the poster name from the black standard of vB3 to the regular link color of the page?)

Many thanks!

Martin

The variables for the lastpost date are:

$thread[lastpostdate]

and

$thread[lastposttime]

There are no such variables for the thread start date. Adding that variable would require adding custom code to the vBulletin files. For help with that I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

To change the look of the username link, find this code in the threadbit template:

Code:
    <span style="cursor:pointer" onclick="window.open('member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$thread[postuserid]')">$thread[postusername]</span>
    Change it to:

Code:
    <a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$thread[postuserid]">$thread[postusername]</a>

Comment

No replies are allowed so last post time works well enough. Those worked like a charm-- thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X