Trying to send email variable to a cgi-form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to send email variable to a cgi-form

I am thinking this may be accomplished in the templates (register), but not sure. Anyone else have luck accomplishing this feat?

The following is the code to get added to my mailing list.

Code:
    <form action="http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi" method=POST>
     <input type="hidden" name="flavor" value="subscribe">
    <input type="text" name="email" value="email address" size="16" onfocus="this.value='';return false;"><BR>
    <input type="hidden" name="list" value="listname">
    <input type="submit" value="Submit">
    </form>
    What I would like from one of the great hackers is info on how to mine the email address off the sign up form into this field ::::
    Code:
     <input type="text" name="email" value="email address" size="16" onfocus="this.value='';return false;">
    When the user hits submit, the forum is sent to VB database and at the same time to the newsletter database. Then my server will send the 2nd part of the "opt in" process in the form of a "confirmation to subscribe to the list" email.

Can anyone suggest how to do this. Thanks!

If that code is in the vBulletin templates then you can use $bbuserinfo[email] to call the email address of the logged in user. So something like this:

Code:
    <input type="text" name="email" value="[color=red]$bbuserinfo[email][/color]" size="16" onfocus="this.value='';return false;">
    Is that what you wanted?

Comment

YEs. THAT HELPS ALOT... The tricky part, from what I see, is getting the form to post. The form action = "vb3stuff..." is the only action that can be performed. Do you know what I am saying?

Comment

You mean submitting your form on registration? I'm not sure I understand.

Comment

When the registration form is submitted, this command posts the form:
          Code:
          <form action="register.php" name="register" method="post" onsubmit="return verify_passwords(password, passwordconfirm);">
          What I need to be able to happen is: When the form is submitted, the VB info is passed as always and This form action to happen too:
          Code:
          <form action="http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi" method=POST>
          The problem is, you can not have two actions in one form tag.... Right?

Comment

Originally posted by cleck673
            The problem is, you can not have two actions in one form tag.... Right?
            Not to my knowledge.

The only way I can think to automate this is by modifying the register.php file. For help with that I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

Thanks for trying!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X