New users apparently can't post. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New users apparently can't post. Help

My site just opened this morning and we have 18 registered members thus far.
    I got a PM from one saying he hasn't gotten his "informational" email and as such
    is not allowed to get in and post. He is registered, I assume he got the mail to complete registration. What is missing here ?

TIA

Steve

Check him, make sure he is in the correct usergroup.

Select the forum permissions setting from the dropdown

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      Check him, make sure he is in the correct usergroup.

Select the forum permissions setting from the dropdown
      How do I see which group he's in ? I've just assumed that everyone comes in as "registered user" unless I move them. When I look at USERS>Search for Users>Show all Users He is there along with 20 others. I know who I made moderators. How can I see for sure which group the others are in ?

Thanks

Steve

Comment

When you view his profile via the AdminCP

You will see in a drop down which usergroup, is his main usergroup, any of the boxes checked below this drop down, indicate additional usergroups he exsists in.

Comment

When you view his profile via the AdminCP

You will see in a drop down which usergroup, is his main usergroup, any of the boxes checked below this drop down, indicate additional usergroups he exsists in.
          It says his primary user groug is "Users awaiting email confirmation"
          there are no other boxes checked.

I think I have something set wrong. What setting do I change ? and how do I activate these people trying to post ?

Thanks again

Steve

Comment

Your user has not confirmed his email, you can try resending his actionvation email.

When viewing his profile, click on the Quick Options Drop down and select resend activation email

Comment

Your user has not confirmed his email, you can try resending his actionvation email.

When viewing his profile, click on the Quick Options Drop down and select resend activation email
              So maybe the problem is not my settings I just have a large bunch that have not clicked the activation link. Or not recieved it. Yes I can resend the email,
              but couldn't I also just assign them to a group as well ?

Steve

Comment

Yes you can . Your call, i like to makesure their email is real before letting them join the forums, if its going to get bounced id rather not have them bouncing tons of emails (ive had it happen too many times)(

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X