Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading vB 3.0.0 beta 4 to 3.0.1 problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading vB 3.0.0 beta 4 to 3.0.1 problems.

Ok, I'm just now upgrading to 3.0.1 from 3.0.0 beta 4. I upload all the files, I run the upgrade.php, it goes through all the upgrades, no errors along the way, finishes with no erorrs, then takes me to the AdminCP. I delete the /install directory. Then in the AdminCP I go to the Find Updated Templates and then get the following error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT tCustom.templateid, tCustom.title, tCustom.styleid,
    tCustom.username AS customuser, tCustom.dateline AS customdate,
    tGlobal.username AS globaluser, tGlobal.dateline AS globaldate
    FROM vB3_template AS tCustom
    INNER JOIN vB3_template AS tGlobal ON (tGlobal.styleid = -1 AND tGlobal.title = tCustom.title)
    WHERE tCustom.styleid <> -1
    AND tCustom.type = TEMPLATETYPE_TEMPLATE
    ORDER BY tCustom.title

mysql error: Unknown column 'tCustom.type' in 'where clause'
    mysql error number: 1054

If I view my forums they are empty. Majority of the AdminCP will not display, the links are not showing up. I had backed up everything prior to the upgrade, restored my backup, tried it another 3 times with same results each time. Gave up till I can find a solution to this problem.

Need help please.

Last edited by OMP; Wed 30 Jun '04, 1:48pm.

You should not delete the install directory, just install.php, reupload the install directory minus install.php and try reuploading your AdminCP folder files as well, they should all be uploaded in ASCII mode

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      You should not delete the install directory, just install.php, reupload the install directory minus install.php and try reuploading your AdminCP folder files as well, they should all be uploaded in ASCII mode
      It won't let me use the AdminCP unless I delete the directory afterwards. It will give me an erorr telling me that upgrade.php needs to be deleted ect...

As to the ASCII, well duh. I run 3 dedicated servers and know how to upload files. :P

Comment

Are you sure you upgraded all the way to 3.0.1 ?

It should only ask you to delete install.php, nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          Are you sure you upgraded all the way to 3.0.1 ?

It should only ask you to delete install.php, nothing more
          Updating Version Number to 3.0.1... done

Then I click on Proceed and then get this:
          Security Alert!

upgrade1.php still remains in the /install/ directory.

This poses a security risk, so please delete that file immediately. You can not access the control panel until you do so.

I then delete that file, it lets me into the AdminCP. I then get the problem as stated in first post.

Comment

The only time upgrade 1 was required to be deleted was on older version, can you check the version number inside of index.php ? or the CVS build time at the bottom ?

Comment

vBulletin 3.0.1