Change MY default to Don't Display Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change MY default to Don't Display Signature

I have the boards set to default to signatures on, but I want MINE off. In vB2 it was a user option, but I can't find it in vB3.

Is it there?

Howdy todd.o.callen -

Yes you can turn off seeing signatures in vBulletin 3, here is how:

• Go to the User Control Panel
    • Select 'Edit Settings'
    • Find 'Thread Display Options'
    • Uncheck 'Show Signatures'
    That should do it,
    Hope it works out,
    -Robert
    -r007

Comment

Doesn't that turn off my viewing of EVERYBODY's sigs?

I just want MY default when I am posting to be set to no.

Comment

Just remove your sig.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Just remove your sig.
          No, that isn't what I am after.
          I want to have one when I decide to include one, I just want the default to be off! Right now I am turning it off on most of my posts and leaving it on on the remainder. I just want to have control over the default setting at the user level.

Is it not in vB3, Steve?

Comment

There is no built-in option to do this. It may be possible with template conditionals, but I'm not sure.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So, you just dont want to display your signature most of the time?

In showthread find

HTML Code:
              <label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="5" checked="checked" />
              Change to

Code:
              <label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="5" <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] != [color=red]X[/color]">checked="checked"</if> />
              find in newreply and newthread
              HTML Code:
              <input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="1" $checked[signature] />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label>
              replace with

Code:
              <input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature" tabindex="1" <if condition="$bbuserinfo[userid] != [color=red]X[/color]">$checked[signature]</if> />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label>
              Replace X with your userid

Comment

Originally posted by r007
                Howdy todd.o.callen -

Yes you can turn off seeing signatures in vBulletin 3, here is how:

• Go to the User Control Panel
                • Select 'Edit Settings'
                • Find 'Thread Display Options'
                • Uncheck 'Show Signatures'
                That should do it,
                Hope it works out,
                -Robert
                Hmmm... 'Show Signatures' doesn't show up in my 'Thread Display Options (showthread)' screen.

OK - I'm having Signature problems. I reread the posts here and was looking at two angles. Fisrt was that signatures are turned on in the admin CP - they are and are in the User Profile Options screen.

Then I checked the UserCP and looked at both Edit Options and Edit Profile. I did not find a Show Signature or other signature options in either - except as to whether you want to see others signatures or not.
                Last edited by Marc Smith; Tue 13 Jul '04, 10:26am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X